Free 20-Minute Initial Phone Consultation to determine fit
50-minute individual wellness session rate $115.00
80-minute family or couple wellness session rate: $165.00
- Session fees include email/text support (during operating hours), one weekly 20-minute phone call (as needed; based on availability) and access to Digital Wellness Journal
Out-of-Network Insurance Reimbursement
It is important to note that I do not take insurance. Insurance companies often require a formal diagnosis of mental illness to ensure coverage, have the right to deny or limit the number of covered sessions and require access to your confidential records. I can provide you with a monthly statement (aka superbill) that you can submit to your insurance company for out-of-network coverage and possible reimbursement.
Depending on your plan, your insurance company may reimburse you up to 20-70% of the fee when you see an out-of-network provider. If you want to know if you can be reimbursed, I suggest you call your insurance company and ask about your plan’s out-of-network coverage for mental health providers. Here are some important questions to ask when you call them:
- Does my plan provide out-of-network reimbursement for mental health?
- Am I covered to see a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist?
- What is your accepted maximum fee for therapists in this area? What percentage of that fee do you cover?
- Is there a deductible I need to meet before you will start to reimburse me?
- Is there a maximum amount you will reimburse within a year or period of time?
- Do I need a diagnosis on the statement I receive from my therapist?
I believe that therapeutic and mental health services should be available and accessible to everyone regardless of their economic and life backgrounds. While participating in therapeutic services is often a financial and mental investment in oneself, I understand that different privileges and life circumstances can impact the ability to access these services. I strive to address this issue in my practice by keeping a limited number of sliding scale spots open for clients who are experiencing financial hardships. Please contact me directly to discuss sliding scale options. I’m also happy to provide referrals if I’m not able to meet your needs.
You have the option of making payment by cash, check, health savings (HSA) or credit card at the end of each session. If you are utilizing out of network benefits, I can provide an invoice at the end of each month which you can submit to your health insurance company for reimbursement.